Sunday, March 13, 2011

Trip #1 Kettle Moraine SF - Northern Unit, Mauthe Lake Campground


August 1999


"This 29,000 acre forest is a glacial panorama of rolling, wooded hills dotted with serene lakes.  Year-round camping, nature programs and recreation for all seasons.  Ice Age Visitor Center open daily."

Campbellsport, Wisconsin

http://dnr.wi.gov/org/land/parks/specific/kmn


Three of us went on the first camping trip.  I didn't even have the idea to camp all all the the parks at this point.  I got a tent for my 18th birthday and we decided to go to Mauthe Lake Campground for the night.  I remember my 1989 Chevy Caviler was stuck in high idle, going 25 miles an hour without my foot on the gas.  We spent most of the trip just grilling, fishing and checking out the park.  One interesting thing I remember is that the lake has a red tint to it, because of the amount of iron in the water.



Me on our site.

Tim's rock bass!



Mauthe Lake



No comments:

Post a Comment