Friday, March 25, 2011

Trip #6 Potawatomi State Park, Site #111

August 2000

"On a clear day, the view from the park's observation tower reaches 16 miles across Green Bay.  Rolling wooded terrain with two miles of rocky shore frontage on Sturgeon Bay.  Cabin for people with disabilities."

Sturgeon Bay, Wisconsin

http://dnr.wi.gov/org/land/parks/specific/potawatomi/

This is the first trip my brother Tim came on.  Yay!!  I think it's kind of funny that as I'm looking at all these old pictures I realize I used to go camping with a bunch of guys all the time.  I love my girls and I'm so glad they come with us now!  I can't wait until I get to that photo album.

The first part of this trip was pretty rainy.  I remember we had a big storm one night.  My parents also stopped by and dropped off doughnuts one morning.  It was a nice surprise.  I forget what they were doing in Door County that weekend.  We bounced around a lot on this trip.  Potawatomi State Park is on the bay side of the peninsula.  We also drove over to Whitefish Dunes State Park on the lake side.  They don't have a campground, so we just went to hang out on the beach for an afternoon.  It was really pretty, but I remember the water being really cold.  We also stopped at Point Beach State Park on the way home to have lunch.  I've got a ton of pictures from this trip.

Site #111



Notice the doughnuts on the table from mom and dad

HA!

Sturgeon Bay

Tim!  He must have been pondering something really important.

Okay, so they were building a stand a couple feet from shore, so they could fish closer to the fish.

Chris, Tim and Kyle

Finished product





Rainy beginning to the week.  Having a rocky beach made it possible to hang out by the lake.

Me on the look out tower

View from the look out tower

I know these little islands have names, but I can't remember what they are.

Beach at Whitefish Dunes State Park

Kyle and Chris

Me on the beach.  I love this shoreline!  I reminds me of tide pools on the ocean.

Eating lunch at Point Beach State Park on the way home.

Point Beach


No comments:

Post a Comment